boost problems??

nismoboy

took my car out tonight and to start with it ran fine then after awhile it stuttering when on boost, but only when u nail it. If u build the boost up slowly its fine :? . when it stutters its very voilent and just holds back the boost to only 1 bar instead of 1.2 bar :? Any ideas?

Could it be a boost leak? or is it something seroius like det? Im running a apexi power fc and the knocking monitor went upto a maximum of 55? also if there was det would the power fc go into limp mode like the stadard ecu would ie cut the boost etc?

any usefull feed back would be good thanks nis.

A

AJ4

AFAIK the Apexi doesn't have limp home mode, not sure though...

This is going to sound like a stupid question... but do you have water in the spark plug holes ?

Have you got the Commander with the Apexi ? Are you using the Apexi boost kit ? What does the 15-second trace look like on the commander for boost ? Is it spikey or is it still curving up nicely ?

nismoboy

AJ4 said:
AFAIK the Apexi doesn't have limp home mode, not sure though...

This is going to sound like a stupid question... but do you have water in the spark plug holes ?

Have you got the Commander with the Apexi ? Are you using the Apexi boost kit ? What does the 15-second trace look like on the commander for boost ? Is it spikey or is it still curving up nicely ?
yes i have the commander and im using a greddy profec b to control the boost. And nope no water in the spark plugs as i have a flat bonnet with no vents :wink:

nismoboy

Fire & skill said:
prob your boost controller cutting it out :? are you sure its working ok
i would`nt have thought so, but i`ll check the wiring to it and also check the inline filter to see if thats blocked. Any other ideas?

nismoboy

ive checked the intercooler pipes and tightned all my mikkalor clamps as tight as i can, and ive check the wiring and the pipes of the boost controller and they seem fine :? What can it be?

nismoboy

monsterGTi-R said:
Leads or plugs probably :?
thats what thought? i checked the leads and they look ok, then i checked the plugs and the top caps which the leads conects to were loose so ive tighten them. I also noticed im using hks s40i plugs are these ok for 1.2 bar and my bhp is 350 but it feels like more. Could the heat range be wrong? or the gap to wide? and be blowing the spark out when on boost?
thanks.

J

John Mc

Hello Mate have you got a dump valve on it?

I had a problem with mine leaking boost, tightened the hoses, still the same. Put more preload on the spring using two thick washers and now everything is fantastic 8) Mine was stuttering just as the boost started to build up.

Hope this helps

nismoboy

Hi mate i have got a dump valve, it's a hks SSQ with a re~circ adapter so it's recirculated. As it's a re~circ could it still cause the same problem you had :?: :?: Would it be worth tightening the spring?

Thanks Nis.

J

John Mc

Not sure about re-circ's could be worth a try though mate!

nismoboy

Thanks jon I've turned the adjustment bolt on the BOV as tight as it will go so i'll see if this makes a difference.

J

John Mc

Hve you checked if the standard spring is up to the job of holding more boost pressure?

Maybe you need to get a stronger spring as you run more boost :?:

Not sure though I could be talking complete and utter bo.llocks :lol: :lol:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Is your fuelling ok? Could it be the boost solenoid cutting the boost by 0.2bar when told to by the ecu? ie you're detting?

nismoboy

i havent got a the standard boost solinoid im using a greddy profec b to control the boost? and i have a power fc ecu and im not sure if can detect det like the standard ecu??

J

Jamz

Slightly off-topic but have you spoken to APT about getting it mapped yet ?

James

nismoboy

Jamz said:
Slightly off-topic but have you spoken to APT about getting it mapped yet ?

James
yep ive spoken to them just got to book it in, but i need to sort this problem out first. cheers. nis.

antgtir

Have you checked the fueling side of things?? Certainly sounds like something to do with either the electrics or fueling, id check those too, did you say you checked the filter??

Ant.

nismoboy

antgtir said:
Have you checked the fueling side of things?? Certainly sounds like something to do with either the electrics or fueling, id check those too, did you say you checked the filter??

Ant.
i`ll order a new fuel filter in the morning as it hasnt been done in ages, also ive noticed my fueling voltage at the pump is only 12.2v and it should be around 13.5-14volts. could this be the problem?