Boost pipe queries

A

Andybtsn

Riiiiiight, Intercooler is fitted, but I am getting more or less no boost.

Basically the scenario lies behind the fact that I don't have a very good connection on the two pipes circled below..

(Pic nicked from gallery)

The bit circled there is air getting out as I don't have the correct silocin hose. Would this cause no boost though?

Cheers!

Fire & skill

Vintage member
yeah - it will be pissing out, i'd get it all connected up and tightened (make sure the clips are real tight mate as they will slide up the hose) then recheck with a good blast locally - take some tools with you as well :)

how on earth did you end up with the wrong hose?

gtir bean

air getting out is like trying to blow u[p a baloon with a hole in it so yes if there is air escaping it will lose boost pressure or take longer to gain pressure.

Fire & skill

Vintage member
gtir bean said:
when i had a leak it started to run like a bag of shit.could only happen when i meet an evo7 too.

yeah, yeah . . . . . heard it :roll:

:lol: :lol: its always the way mate :lol:

A

Andybtsn

The kit came with 4 hoses, 2 correct, 2 that were wrong bloody size.

And of course everywhere is closed tomorrow so won't be able to get any then, even the friggan jubilee clips i got were crap.

Oh well, least it's all fitted

A

Andybtsn

Fire & skill said:
is the engine cutting out as well?

It's idling funny, but that maybe me unbolting two of the cat bolts...Wanted to fit a de-cat but can't get the other two bloody bolts off!!

A

Andybtsn

Yes blue pipes, well the 2 hoses were ok, but the other 2 started correct size but then went to a bigger size...

Fire & skill

Vintage member
Andybtsn said:
Yes blue pipes, well the 2 hoses were ok, but the other 2 started correct size but then went to a bigger size...

yeah they step up to fit your intercooler, well mines fitted ok

A

Andybtsn

My cooler pipes were same diameter as the pipes them selves

Damn them

A

Andybtsn

I used the 2 hoses that were correct for the cooler.

I need other two to correctly fit the pipes on the left and right.

I need to find somewhere tomorrow that sells some, fat chance like on bank holiday