Boost gauge.

A

Anonymous

Right lads and lasses,
I wanna know how to fit a boost gauge. Which one to buy. Where from? And the best positioning in the car, pillar pod etc. I am running on increased boost and want to monitor it.
Am I right in thinking there are different types? I had one in my Series 1, (cuogh cough)which had a boost pipe straight to it, does my R use the same method?

People look at an oil painting and admire the use of the brush to convey meaning, people look at graffiti and admire the use of a drainpipe to gain access.[/b]

geetee

That would depend on the type of guage.

But the majority have a pipe that connects into a boost line somewhere in the engine bay (usually one of the ones off the inlet plenum) using a T piece.

This runs direct to the guage. You'll need power to the guage also.
Where you put it is up to u.

Pillar Pod is quite simple. But I've seen ashtrays converted to hold a guage as well as the little cion holder thing to the right of the steering wheel.

Personally, I've got mine in a pillar pod so it's eye level.

There's lots of chioce in guages - Greddy, Autometer etc. - pretty much down to ur taste and price range.

You can run the pipe through the bulkhead with the wiring loom at the rear of the driver's side of the engine bay.

Cheers
GeeTee 8)

A

Anonymous

So they all have a pipe running to them then?
Whats the power for then, just lighting for night time viewing.
I fancy a pillar pod, how much and where from etc...
Cheers for the reply GeeTee

geetee

There are R specific pods available - search the forums here - I'm sure you'll turn something up. Mine's a generic one which fits OK but you can see the retaining screw in it.

I think you can get electronic gauges that have a boost sensor in the engine bay and a signal wire running to the gauge - but having said that I don;t know who makes one!

I think the power is just for lighting.....

Cheers
GeeTee 8)