Boost controll

D

damien4uuk

Im having a little problem trying to fit my boost controller, I got a free, bleed valve type one, and not too sure how to fit it. Could anyone please help cos i want 1 bar sooooo bad. :wink:

donpulsar

South Yorkshire Regional Rep
Don't forget to add the cost of a Walbro & a new (uprated) clutch + fitting onto the price of your bleed valve :wink:

D

damien4uuk

Ok may sound really dumb but...... How easy is it to set up the fueling? Should i take it somewhere or is it somthing i can do myself? Also would it cost me much to get it done??

JIMMYBACK

damien4uuk said:
Ok may sound really dumb but...... How easy is it to set up the fueling? Should i take it somewhere or is it somthing i can do myself? Also would it cost me much to get it done??
fuel computer of some sort and of course it will neede to be rolling roaded :shock: it can be pricey

Shaun

:wink: If your just going to run 1bar of boost,then you dont need a fuel controller :wink: ,just uprate to a Walbro pump as the one on the car is bound to be getting a little old and worn out by now :wink:

JIMMYBACK

mattygti-r said:
thats why jimmy runs 1.4 on a stock pump and not had it remapped :lol:
oi u i wouldnt reccomend him following my style cos it only works for me.....im just a lucky mo fo 8)

Keira

it doesnt work for you though does it jimmy :wink:

as proved at pts, you're not making decent power for your boost level :wink: that suggests somethings wrong, and like you told me you're only getting 1 bar at the inlet manifold :wink:

this aint a pop but you and matty are talking s h i t e and people listening to it who are that dumb to believe it will whack the boost up and wonder why it goes pop, then they'll be on here boring everyone to death about why thier car is smoking or wont run properly... :roll:

JIMMYBACK

kieron said:
it doesnt work for you though does it jimmy :wink:

as proved at pts, you're not making decent power for your boost level :wink: that suggests somethings wrong, and like you told me you're only getting 1 bar at the inlet manifold :wink:

this aint a pop but you and matty are talking s h i t e and people listening to it who are that dumb to believe it will whack the boost up and wonder why it goes pop, then they'll be on here boring everyone to death about why thier car is smoking or wont run properly... :roll:
:roll: boring...............thats is why i wouldnt reconmend it matey..like i sed im lucky it hasnt gone bang :shock: :D :roll:

D

damien4uuk

LOL :lol: SORRY lads the last thing i wanted was to cause conflict, But what the hell its all fun. So i dont need to do my fueling at 1bar but still 1 prob where the hell does the controller go? i read the faq's and the how to section but really doesnt make any sence.
i think im supposed to put it at the T from the actuator?
Oh before i forget whats a ceramic clutch like is it better than a standerd one?

Keira

get a fuel pump in there, get the boost set up with an accurate gauge and leave it alone :wink:

1 bar should be no problem at all if everything is hunky dorey,

stay away from the cerametalic clutch, just get a helix organic in there 8), it will be more than enough for your car and isn't to harsh...

Shaun

:D Hi mate,if you follow the pipe from the actuator on the turbo up to the standard boost solenoid,as you said there is a 'T'piece,remove the 'T' piece and put the bleed valve in the 2 thicker pipes(the 1 that runs to the actuator and the other goes across the gearbox to the plenum).Now the one that goes to the standard boost solenoid,you can remove,you can also remove the solenoid its self if you want to,but remember to block off the pipe that runs from the solenoid to the main air intake pipe :!:

D

damien4uuk

Ok now im really confused! The bleed valve i have has three nipples, what nipple goes to the actuator? (the ajustable one?) and one connects to the pipe that goes over the gearbox. Witch leaves one left that goes to the standerd boost thing. Well ive tried all this and it flys straight to 1+ bar with it done right up, or undone compleatly. So before i blow my engine up i think i should check. Please explain in more detail :cry:

D

damien4uuk

Thank you :D Thank you :D Thank you :D Thank you :D Thank you :D it all makes sence when you know how