best exhause mongoose

mohsan

i been told the best exhaust is the mongoose,the only thing is that it does my nut in! i cant even talk to the passengers in the back!
however i got amazing power figures from it,279bhp,from exhaust and airfilter is bloody good,with 1 bar.i am willing to loose some power just so people dont know wheter i am coming or going.It just sounds too much of a beast. so can anyone tell me whether yhey reccomend buying a ready made one or getting a custom made one? and i will most probably want a back box with the new exhaust if that helps quiten things down.
So the second best exhaust will be?

K

KRS

Anyone have a HKS Exhaust?

What are they like compared to the goose?

J

jiw

i have a second hand magnex cat back with a de-cat pipe laid around if you are intrested, was on a mates car and was reasonably quiet compared to my mongoose, jeff.

S

str_motorsport

i have the goose too and it was so loud that the police was not happy...so i had to put a silencer on it...
i just went for a custom made SS backbox,now the car is not noisy and i did not notice any drop in performance.
i suggest you to fit a custom made backbox...you won't be disappointed

G

GAZ P

I had an ultra rare A'pexi super megaphone fitted to mine, real nicesound not to loud, looks sweet with large polished back box & 4" oval pipe :D .I think its still in my loft, had to change it for a straight through 5zigen when I rebuilt the engine :lol: :twisted: :lol:

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
GAZ P said:
I had an ultra rare A'pexi super megaphone fitted to mine, real nicesound not to loud, looks sweet with large polished back box & 4" oval pipe :D .I think its still in my loft, had to change it for a straight through 5zigen when I rebuilt the engine :lol: :twisted: :lol:

I too had an A'PEXi Super Megaphone zorst... Mild Steel... Eventually corroded and blew holes...

Now have an HKS Front Pipe, HKS DeCAT and Goose centre and rear with 5" tail... :twisted: