APEXi S AFC

NU773R

yep another question, i've done a search but not much came up

i will be getting a apexi avcr in a couple or weeks is it worth getting the safc too??

are they purly used to adjust fuel mixture or do they do anything else??

cheers

Mr GTiR

NU773R said:
i will be getting a apexi avcr in a couple or weeks is it worth getting the safc too??

are they purly used to adjust fuel mixture or do they do anything else??
What is your cars current spec and what kind of power/boost levels are you trying to achieve?

iirc the SAFC does timing and fueling. If you do get the SAFC then get the version II.

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Mr GTiR said:
If you do get the SAFC then get the version II.
Why? There are some minor differences that you won't really use or notice.. Some of the RX7 boys that started using version II ended up going back to version I as ther were easier to use with the buttons rather then that toggle.. AWD used version I on their 420bhp / 450lb.ft, 10sec GTiR so its capable as far as AFC's go..

Oh and I have an APEXi S-AFC if you decide you want to use one... :-D

Mr GTiR

On the version II they have a read out for knock and are mapped every 200rpm as opposed to every 500rpm on the version I.

NU773R

Mr GTiR said:
What is your cars current spec and what kind of power/boost levels are you trying to achieve?

iirc the SAFC does timing and fueling. If you do get the SAFC then get the version II.

at the moment its got one of them crappy manual adjustable one's and i really dont like or trust them so was thinking of getting a safc to replace it

its running 1.2 bar and as for power not sure, want to do a few more things before i get it on the rollers

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Mr GTiR said:
On the version II they have a read out for knock and are mapped every 200rpm as opposed to every 500rpm on the version I.
Fair enough.. :lol:

O

Odin

Animaldaz said:
You feeling alright Rob?

Indeed I am matey :thumbsup: :-D .

Some of the newbies seem to think they are being picked on when we move their posts for some odd reason, And get all upset and precious about it :doh: , So rather than tell them off I'm just moving the posts now days ;-) .

We don't wont them all running off to their mothers for a cuddle do we :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Rob