Apexi AVC-R -Settings? help

K

kizzyturbo4x4

:eek: Could anyone give me a good setup for the AVC-R. or tell of some experience. just got it fitted.
not happy by my current setting... :cry:

mods are: :wink: (to best compare with your own setup?)

Moongoose all the way.
Open Air Filter
Upgraded fuelpump
malpassi Fuel Pressure Regulator
Hybrid Limited edition FMIC 600x300x16
HKS turbo timer
Blitz Dump
Apexi AVC-R

Davey

TBH m8, mods to your car make no difference to the apexi at all
why arent you happy with it?
If its hitting/holding the boost you want, and not spiking, then thats about it (although you can help the turbo spool up a little quicker i think).

K

kizzyturbo4x4

:roll:
well I was thinkin about all the different settings.
yes, i know i can just set it at a selected boost and it will self adjust to hold the boost best and withut spikes, but then there ar different settings for gears and ability to get quicker spoolup? i tought maybe someone had this gimmo a little longer than me and maybe had been exploring it a bit all trought?

:p

but i must point to this. Im am realy realy pleased with it!!
i just gives me control and full monitoring :D

youngsyp

Well, the gear based boost control is only really useful for fwd cars to get the power down off the line. However, the rpm based boost is useful for us. What you want to do is tail the boost of at say 6.5k rpm to help protect the engine.
As for increasing spool up, I think you do this with the feedback control but, I'm not sure and would like to know myself :wink:

Davey

I'm pretty sure it was J-GTI-R who had his set up on a rolling road, and it spooled up quicker afterwards :?:
Cant really remember how though, i think its something to do with the duty or boost settings, you can raise them in the lower rev range (the car will not overboost cos the turbo cant produce the boost that low). Ages ago, i tried something similar with mine, and i think i felt a slight improvement, cant really remember what i did though, so its not a lot of help :oops: :?

K

kizzyturbo4x4

yes, i think that should work, keeping the wastgate closed until the boost gets close to wanted then opening the wastegate and stop the boostrise at the correct boost.
Get the setting right and= quick spool up, and no spiking. but shot to close to the wanted boost and you will spike.. hmm,, suppose i should go up and down the road and sort it out myself :D
but its just totaly pissing the neighbours off :twisted: