Anyone got a Kakimoto exhaust?

jameswrx2

I have one of these babies on my car (5" tail), thing is it's very quiet.

I'm still running the cat, but want to de-cat.

Has anyone got a Kakimoto with de-cat?, if so is it very loud?. Want a bit more noise, and was wondering if decatting makes much difference to the noise. At the moment it sounds like the standard exhaust.

JIMMYBACK

:D yer ive got one on my shed :lol: mines quiet too.... good in some ways pc plod tends to leave u alone.... back on subject u can get a de cat pipe for £55 from hiteq i believe :D

J

Jon T

Someone in my area has one and it's about 50 times louder than my decatted Tanebe..

It's loud and pops/flames more than a mongoose!

jameswrx2

jimmybackb, have you got the decat and it's still quiet?.

I always thought they were a loud exhaust. On closer inspection mine has a JASMA stamp which means it's gonna be quiet whatever I s'pose.

I just miss the popping and banging of my old R. I reckon it'll liven up a bit with a decat, one of my previous R's had a scorpion and decat and that would bang quite nicely:D, I'll grow up one day lol :lol:

Websnowbo

Cack-imoto are that. They are Cack, i'd junk it mate and get a decent system.

They are only mild steel too, sell it and buy a Mong.

C

charlie

just out of curiosity, are mongs mandrel bent or crush bent?

James- i think you answered your own question, the jasma stamp says it all. But just because its quiet doesnt mean its restrictive, might just have more resonance chambers in or something

jameswrx2

Cack-imoto are that. They are Cack, i'd junk it mate and get a decent system
Thats funny mine's stainless :p

Removed the guts from the standard cat last night (what a pig getting one of the nuts off grrr), was hoping for some more noise, but still quiet. Is does however rev now, a lot of difference above 4,500rpm, felt strangled before. Spools quicker too :D

andygtir

i had a kakimoto on mine, was quite quiet, but bassy, it still let rip when on boost.

now ive dumped it - no silencers = less weight, more flames and a faster R. :twisted:

jameswrx2

now ive dumped it - no silencers = less weight, more flames and a faster R
I was thinking about doing that :D

I was wondering if there is any way of bolting up a straight tail section where the Kakimoto comes over the rear beem.

At the moment it is the same setup as standard, ie centre section comes over the rear beem, then bolts up to the backbox pipe, this bends right into the backbox, goes through it and back out the same end of the backbox bending back round where it exits the bumper.

I just want to go straight from the end of the centre section to a pipe with the tail pipe. I miss the popping and banging of my old R :twisted:

andygtir

was wondering if there is any way of bolting up a straight tail section where the Kakimoto comes over the rear beem.
yep thats what i did. i've kept the flange there so i can swap back to the kakimoto whenever i want. i just got the piece- about a foot long made up at a local exhaust place. i used an old back box i had laying around to donate the 5 inch exit and flange and away i went.

it is VERY loud, makes the mongoose sound silent. my mate said he stood on his door step one day and could still clearly hear me crusing home well over a mile away. the bass shakes the house, but the pops, crackles and flames more than make up for the ringing in your ears.

there was a noticable improvement in response, spool up and power, and i saved a bit of weight too which was nice :D

O

Olly

jameswrx2 said:
now ive dumped it - no silencers = less weight, more flames and a faster R
I was thinking about doing that :D

I was wondering if there is any way of bolting up a straight tail section where the Kakimoto comes over the rear beem.

:
I done that to my Kakimooooooooto exhaust, sounded poo like a cheap mongoose, so i bought a proper exhaust, (very happy with my Scorpion, after blowwing to Kakimoto rear boxs to peaces :lol:

Websnowbo

They must make em in Stainless and Mild Steel then as i've had two, both where mild steel with a 4" Stainless tailpipe.

The baffles fell out both of mine too! Chopped one up and removed, replaced the other one with 5Zigen.