Anglesey Full circuit Trackday - Sat 1st Nov

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Just gauging interest if anyone would like to come along?

Saturday 1st November
Anglesey Full circuit
Open Pitlane,
105 db
£179.00 :thumb:

I'm not going to make a big fuss about organising it, but if anyone would like to attend I though I'd post up some details.
Not only that it’s on a Saturday so it makes it more accessible for people to attend rather than taking a day off work ;-)

Cheers

Mr GTiR

DanDud said:
Dont think so matey sorry, its just a bad time of year. I might come down to watch you though.
I'm not going to have my new exhaust fabficated in time but am tempted to tag along for the Day. Dan, fancy picking me up on the way?

DanDud

If im going yeah mate no probs, il gonna give you a ring at some point before then anyway to sort out giving you the money for the RR day too!

DanDud

Hey guys, Andy C i just left you a voicemail ;)

I wont be coming tomorow though, got a halloween party tonight (any excuse to get pissed :D) and then im gonna be spending sat and sun doin uni work, theiv piled it on this last week lol

Hope everythin goes well Andy! Be sure to let me know!

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Almost not made it after "quick job" then became "many jobs" and an MOT... :doh:

Report coming soon :thumb:

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Gearbox issues, brake issues, wheels issues, MOT issues...

Just another day of owning a GTiR :doh:

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Yeah I had a right blast down there. :thumb:

I'll sort out some pic's and a little right up
;-)

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Well you can’t spend months on your car without “givin it some” at a trackday; and to finish this year off I decided to head over to where men are men and sheep are worried, that’s right Wales or to be more accurate, Anglesey race track. :lol:

As I’ve never been before I normally have a look on the internet to see what the track is about or how it flows, however on this occasion there were more pressing things to be sorted like MOT’s and wheels spacer kits. Let’s just say that putting a ET42 alloy onto a Nissan hub is not that easy… :cry:

Anyway, myself, and a few friends headed down to Anglesey to check it out.

Morning broke to find a misty and moist November. Heading into the paddock area there were plenty of hardcore trackday drivers and their well organised motors. That’s what I like about trackdays in the winter months, much better quality of drivers and cars. In the summer months I tend find people who are not track savvy nor particularly take note of their surroundings or other drivers.

Normal briefing took place with a few good laughs and jokes and then we were out for our sighting laps. Track being wet and I’ve never been out on Anglesey before it was just the normal find the lines and get acquainted. Wind was quite strong in the morning, but that gave me hope with the thinning mist and sunshine coming out that it would soon be nice and dry as the BBC website had forecast. :)

Out on the track a definite dry line started to appear and then pace increased. Track-wise Anglesey is a real driver’s track, its no Cadwell Park, but it certainly has its own characteristics that make it unique.
After negotiating Church corner and powering up the hill to Rocket gives you a real buzz, clipping the rumble strip up the hill, hard on the brakes from 120mph to 40mph and downshifting like you’ve got a sequential gearbox from a WRC car gives a real nice feeling! Turn a sharp left round the Rocket corner and up to Peel to be greeted with the snowy Welsh hills in the background makes it a visual masterpiece! :thumb:

During the morning I was approached by a few people that had been watching my car and were interested in its set-up and even asked for a passenger rides out which I was happy to do. Overall a positive morning! :thumbsup:

Lunch time came and the predictable fuel stop was needed, this lead to me leaving the circuit forgetting to fit my number plates and driving for about 10miles looking for a Shell garage – oops!
Also Cajun Tuna butties, sounds nice but not that nice to eat – just a hint if your in a Shell garage looking for some dinner! :puke:

Afternoon was more of the above. However I was hounded by a welsh Umpa-Lumpa who liked my car but also told me that he was going back to Napalm a corner shop that would not sell him fireworks!!!! Weird! :der: :loco:

Anyway out on the track I became more adventurous and later with my braking. However I was passed by a Radical that was just untouchable all day. No matter how much I left my braking late or how early I was on the power those things just fly and leave you for dead!
Also the RSE Time Attack Evo made an appearance, never really got to have a play with it, but looks nice round the track.

I also realised halfway though the day that I had forgotten to put my race brakes pads in and I was running around on my Mintex 1144 pads. To their credit they lasted well and there was little brake fad all day and after an inspection the discs were in great shape too!

Late into the afternoon I changed to my A048’s to really feel the difference on track. Out on track I immediately noticed that there was a rumbling from the rear tyres, so straight back into the pits I took the rears off to find a flat spot, but more worrying a huge screw in the same tyre. Talk about unlucky! So I just left the A048’s on the front.
Normally I’d not bother, but as it was the end of the day I thought what the hell, I’ve only got about 15mins left. With no tyre pressure checking I hit the track and to see what feedback I got back from the tyres and grip levels.
I could feel the difference of grip between the front to the rears and understeer barring one corner was non-existent. Amazing what different tyres can do when on track! :thumb: 8)

Last lap and the chequered flag came out – what a perfect day. A dry track, gorgeous sun set and not a mechanical issue all day, marvellous!

So what can I say about Anglesey, well it’s an excellent drivers track with some interesting down hill off camber corners, it rewards your driving when you learn how to drive it and the picturesque surroundings make it a cracking day out. Most of all, its open pit, a 105db drive by and I never got checked all day! :thumbsup:

I will be going back again next year!

P

pulsarboby

good write up there andy and great photos too.
in that third one from the bottom is that the sea?
little room for error if it is:shock: could do with a snorkel attached to your lid:lol:

MORF114

ty croes is a fair way away from the sea if you crash lol new track looks amazing didnt even realise it had been done the old track used to be bumpy as hell.

Any one know anyone at RSE did they or do they live in Rhos on sea or have i got mixed up with another shop? sure i used to see a silver evo about 3-4 years ago round north wales with rse wrote down the side.

Last edited:

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
pulsarboby said:
could do with a snorkel attached to your lid:lol:
lol, thankfully I never got that close! ;-)

MORF114 said:
sure i used to see a silver evo about 3-4 years ago round north wales with rse wrote down the side.
Yeah I think it was their Evo VII - Click me Or their current red evo that used to be silver before its rehaul?

Last edited: