Advice needed on installing boost gauge.

M

madcabbie

Me again,

I bought a new boost gauge to go with my boost controller , and I am just checking a before i install. I haven't pulled out the standard gauges yet, but i assume there is a vacume hose running through to the engine bay from the standard boost gauge.

My question is, Can I just cut this hose and put in the T piece that came with my gauge, and then run the new gauge off the same vacume? Or do i need the T piece closer to the engine somewhere?

Thanks

David

geetee

You assume wrong.

The standard gauge is electronic, getting a reading from an electronic boost sensor in the engine bay.

If you stand in front of the car an look into the engine bay you'll see a small vac/boost pipe running away from the plenum to the inner nearside wing to a little unit. This is the boost pressure sensor.

Tee into this pipe in the engine bay and run that back to the gauge.

This may help

http://www.mummachummas.co.uk/gtir/BoostControls.gif

You may want to right click and save it so you can zoom in on it and stuff. But you should be looking to tee into pipe marked (4).

Thank me, I just saved you pulling your centre console out to look for a non-existant boost pipe :lol: :lol:

And welcome to the club :)

Cheers
GeeTee 8)

M

madcabbie

Oh you are da man GeeTee

Awsome work
...thanks heeps.

I have been saving any and all photos I see here where someone has done something to there R, So i can refer back to it..

thanks again mate..

dave