a bit blowy?

A

Anonymous

ive been told that my exhaust is a bit blowy. wen i asked my m8 he said its probly the flexi part?

how much would a new 1 cost? my exhaust system i powerflow?

i dno?

G

gtir_94

wot do u mean blowy ? where in the exhaust is it blowy?

J

J-GTi-R

bjorn said:
wen i asked my m8 he said its probly the flexi part?
There might be a clue in this bit... :wink:

I had the same go on mine, I had to replace the downpipe (went for an HKS one instead of spending £318 for the Nissan one :shock: ). As your exhaust is a Powerflow, it's probably a custom downpipe (check if the Powerflow was turbo back or downpipe back), so you'd have to go back to them for a replacement. The HKS one is £110 or there abouts, so I wouldn't expert it to be far off that price.

A

Anonymous

cheers!
yeah the guy who had my pulsar b4 me said that was the part that was most likly gna start to blow. so i guess thatl b it then?

ne idea how long it takes 2 replace?

J

J-GTi-R

If it's not a custom part and you can either stick on HKS downpipe on or Powerflow have an off the self downpipe you can use, it's a ten minute job. If another custom pipe has to be made up, they can use the old one as a template so it shouldn't be more than an hour to build one.

A

Anonymous

how much u want 4 it?

would it fit my exhaust?
j cheers 4 the help uve been a life saver? how far u live from the isle of wight?
lol

A

AJ4

Bjorn, I'll have a look at it Sunday ( if you can make it ). I have a Mongoose and the front flex pipe is the first thing to go as its lowest to the road ( I scrape mine ever time I get on and off my drive :( ) We can have a look and see if the Mongoose one will fit ok to your Powerflow if you want to buy Kieron's.

J

J-GTi-R

bjorn said:
would it fit my exhaust?
j cheers 4 the help uve been a life saver? how far u live from the isle of wight?
lol
It depends if it's a full custom system you have, as the length of the downpipe has to be correct for it to fit. The HKS downpipe is designed to replace the standard downpipe exactly, but the Mongoose one might be only the right size for a Mongoose exhaust. Best thing to do is ask the previous owner how much of the exhaust was built by Powerflow, then you'll know what you can replace the downpipe with.

I live in Reading, so not that far from the Isle of Wight, but there's just that little bit of water in the way... :wink:

J

J-GTi-R

We can have a look and see if the Mongoose one will fit ok to your Powerflow if you want to buy Kieron's
Or of course you could just do that (missed that post for some reason... :roll: ).

Keira

mongoose is same length, bend as standard, currently got standard on mine whilst my new pipe is made up, 3 inch from turbo, replacing the elbow based on the mongoose.

Mongoose is 2 1/2 inch stainless, thats the difference.

£80 and its yours

Nad

The fact that it is a Powerflow is probably ur problem :lol:

I still not sure why people still go to them to have their exhausts made.

Nad

A

Anonymous

yeah ill try and make it on sunday ross. if u could check thatll b a great help!

ill find out from ross if the mongoose 1 will fit if it does ill have it!

yeah j that bloody water is a major problem!its only 8 miles but costs 40 quid day return! and it takes an hour :cry: