5" goose tail

J

jonnyboy

hi anyone who has a 5" mongoose back box...............do you have trouble with the heat and bumper :?: just put mine on went for a spin and melted the bumper :shock:
do you need to use a heat shield :oops: :?:

P

purplemonster

i have a scorpion with a 5in tail pipe and that has been ok for the past 5 months ?

ROB

E

Edd

jonnyboy said:
hi anyone who has a 5" mongoose back box...............do you have trouble with the heat and bumper :?: just put mine on went for a spin and melted the bumper :shock:
i would say a normal car wouldnt but i noticed you have a nice big turbo and manifold so i guess you are putting out hotter exhaust temps so i guess that's caused it :wink:

J

jonnyboy

Edd said:
jonnyboy said:
i would say a normal car wouldnt but i noticed you have a nice big turbo and manifold so i guess you are putting out hotter exhaust temps so i guess that's caused it :wink:
:wink: :lol: heat shield it is then

S

SunnyGTi2.0

does anyone have a pic of an R with a 5" tail pipe? would really appreciate to see some ;)

Shaun

:D Is the tail pipe touching the bumper :?: If so then its sitting too high :!: Just bend the braket on the tail pipe up,effectively making it longer :!: If not and its the gases burning the bumper,then its to far in,just undo the clamp and pull it out a bit more :!: And if its flames burning it then you're a jammey git and yes you need a heat sheild :!: :eek: :eek: :lol:

A

antilag

all nonsence lol it dnt get hot and wont melt if it does u got problems elsewhere mines white and it ent even caused paint damage

Websnowbo

Fukcin hell that's huge!

The Mong looks pretty big too. I didn't realise how big 5" is! I've underestimated myself.................

Mods: Can i change my user name to "LongDongPaul"?

Hannie

I have a 5 inch goose pipe, don't have any problems with the bumber getting hot (haven't noticed anything)

you sure you got it positioned right?

GINGA

Yeh mines melted abit to but i have mine tight up in the bumper hole, don't worry about it melting just proves your trying hard enough lol :twisted: