3071R with DP

Trip

Hi all ,

I narrowed down the search for which turbo is best for my needs and opted for the 3071R Ext WG with .82A/R. I will be fitting it to a DP manifold with ext wastegate. The Manifold comes with a T3 flange (or looks like a T3).

Will I have clearance issues using a 3071R with T3 turbine flange (to match the DP manifold) ?

Also, I have noticed that who has this turbo opted for a 2.75" compressor inlet instead of the 4". is this any benefit for better performance or simple for a better fit ?

Thanks
Ev

Last edited:

Fazz

Hi Evan,

Simply for better fit is my research.

The 4" inlet whould allow more air to get into turbo and effectively more efficeint flow. If your tubular mani allows such then you should go for it.

There was a guy selling one on here - Jolly turbo's thread... gtir parts for sale..
Might be worth making an offer.

MORF114

is the dp manifold a direct replacement part or is it designed by them to use 4" inlet to clear gearbox?

Fusion Ed

You can get 3071 has a T3 inlet. The ones we had were T2 for direct fitment, but I believe T3 is an option. The 2.75 is to clear the gearbox, and still fit behind the rad. I dont know the DP manifold so I dont know what problems you may or may not face with this.

Trip

Fazz said:
Hi Evan,

Simply for better fit is my research.

The 4" inlet whould allow more air to get into turbo and effectively more efficeint flow. If your tubular mani allows such then you should go for it.

There was a guy selling one on here - Jolly turbo's thread... gtir parts for sale..
Might be worth making an offer.
Looked into that s/h one but it has an internal WG.

Trip

cheers all.. I will have to check the fitment if i should get a 2.75 or 4".. thanks all