3071/Z32/Tomei Adapter piping size restrictions?

Trondelond

Ok, so I've got the Z32, and a 3071 with a 70mm inlet.
In addition I've got a Tomei z32 adapter, which turns out to be a 80mm to 64mm (2.5 inch)reducer.

I'm wondering if I'll experience problems if I use 2.5 inch piping from the Z32 to the turbo, and then use a "backwards reducer" from 64mm to 70mm to fit on the turbo?

My goal is 1.6bar, and I _think_ it won't be a problem, but does anyone have experience with a similar setup?

Trip

Wouldn't it be better to use a 3inch(76mm) Maf adapter with just one reducer to 2.75Inch (70mm).

The more complex it is the more things can go wrong especially with boost, air, and leaks :)

geoff pine

Wouldn't it be better to use a 3inch(76mm) Maf adapter with just one reducer to 2.75Inch (70mm).

The more complex it is the more things can go wrong especially with boost, air, and leaks :)
I would go with this idea for different reasons ! less chance of causing any sort of turbulence and it will not look as untidy :thumbsup:

stumo

Ok, so I've got the Z32, and a 3071 with a 70mm inlet.
In addition I've got a Tomei z32 adapter, which turns out to be a 80mm to 64mm (2.5 inch)reducer.

I'm wondering if I'll experience problems if I use 2.5 inch piping from the Z32 to the turbo, and then use a "backwards reducer" from 64mm to 70mm to fit on the turbo?

My goal is 1.6bar, and I _think_ it won't be a problem, but does anyone have experience with a similar setup?
Why go down in diameter after the z32 to then go up a diameter to the turbo inlet?

Doesn't make sense.

Go with what Trip said.

Trondelond

As far as I can tell, 2.5" piping flows enough for 500bhp, more than enough for me, but I'm thinking that there might be turbulence and whatnot that would cause problems.