2 Problems

S

si.c R

Its only basic stuff but i wonder if anyone else has experienced the same troubles and if so how where they solved. Firstly my windscreen wipers occasionaly dont stop at the bottom of the windscreen and they also bang on the side of the windscreen - Could it be the wiper motor :?: :?:
The second problem is my heaters. Recently they have stopped working on 1,2,3, and only work when switched onto 4.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I would say the heater is the fans' resistor as no4 by passes it, the others go through it.

The wipers might possibly be a worn linkage/spindle.

A

AZ STE

Where the wiper motor fixes to the linkage is taper spline with a lock nut if this is slightly loose it will put the timing out.Dont adjust the wipers and the motor spindle at the same time as you could end up miles out.Park the wipers and get the motor spindle correct.Check all the other linkage joints

S

si.c R

Sounds relatively straight forward. Is it easy to get to the wiper motor :?:
Is it just beneath the scuttle panel :?:

A

Anonymous

Hi there, sorry to bring this up from a while ago, but, i have to same problem with my heaters. 1,2 + 3 don't work but 4 does. Did you ever get this problem fixed? If so what will i need to do? I am a n00b BTW please be gentle with me :p

GTIR-LOZ

do you mean the wipers are banging on the edge of the A-pillar trim, if so you prob have wrong length wiper rubbers/blades, may also contribute to the going off the bottom

S

si.c R

I dont think it is incorrect wiper blades as when they are stationary there is alot of play in the wiper arms which i would guess wouldnt be caused by incorrect wiper blades. When driving if i havent got the wipers on and i really put my foot down (over 1*@mph) the wipers move up the windscreen, only at very high speeds though and not on a public road of course :wink:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
pulsark2002 said:
I dont think it is incorrect wiper blades as when they are stationary there is alot of play in the wiper arms which i would guess wouldnt be caused by incorrect wiper blades. When driving if i havent got the wipers on and i really put my foot down (over 1*@mph) the wipers move up the windscreen, only at very high speeds though and not on a public road of course :wink:
Check the nut holding the wiper arms on are tight, check there's no wear at that point too. Failing that, it could be time for a new linkage.