2.5'' from turbo

R

rx7rotary

Hi guys,

would the overall performance improve by doing a 2.5'' from turbop to the end...??

i cant go for 3'' unfortunatelly as i wouldnt be able to register the car would be so loud...

so 2.5 is the only one i can go for?

what would be the power increase and on what sort of revs would i feel this?

Thanks
Marko NZ

A

Anonymous

I've just had a 2.5" complete system fit to mine and it feels much better.
The main benifit i got was that the turbo spools up so much quicker :D
I've not had the car dyno'd though so i couldn't tell you what the power gain is,sorry

youngsyp

You would notice the difference as the pipe should be slighly bigger in bore but, most of all, should have the bends created more smoothly. This is what you should look for as one of the most important parts. Also, make sure that the pipe is 2.5" internal diameter. Usually, aftermarket firms have the pipes as 2.5" overall diameter ! Most important of all is to sort the stock turbo elbow out. As standard the bore is around 2". Now, what is the point of putting a free flow exhaust on the back of this ? You may get a bit more power and torque but, the flow is still quite restricted. You have a couple of options with this. Firstly, get one fabricated which, would be the best option or you could try to bore out and polish the stock one for better flow.

Another point is that the bore won't have that great an effect on the overal volume of the exhaust, as it will the sound. This is what the silencers are for. You could try ptting an extra silencer in place of the cat. That should quiten down things. Once it's registered you could take it out again :wink:

Hope this helps.