1bar

Smo

Hey guys, a mate of mine has a Boost Solenoid that'll up my boost from the standard 0.65BAR to 1BAR, will this cause any adverse effects on my engine such as detonation etc? He says it'll be fine and I've no reason not to trust him, I'm just curious - surely the air/fuel ratio would be different?

O

Odin

gunmetalgtir said:
Can we have a sticky thread put somewhere regarding the 1 bar question??

Yes it's on my used bit of bog roll :shock: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

That looks very sticky indeed :shock: :yuck: .

Rob

gunmetalgtir

Odin said:
Yes it's on my used bit of bog roll :shock: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

That looks very sticky indeed :shock: :yuck: .

Rob
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe you could post it to the newbies then?

gunmetalgtir

Smo said:
Hey guys, a mate of mine has a Boost Solenoid that'll up my boost from the standard 0.65BAR to 1BAR, will this cause any adverse effects on my engine such as detonation etc? He says it'll be fine and I've no reason not to trust him, I'm just curious - surely the air/fuel ratio would be different?
Yes it may cause your flux capacitor to overheat, use diet pepsi instead of regular and it should be fine! ;-)

gunmetalgtir

Seriously though, if you have some basic mods, such as exhaust, air filter, fuel pump, then you'll be able to run that and a bit more no problem.

EVOBAD

evrybody seems to ask the 1bar question,plus its not the boost that is the problem its the health of the engine if u got a good engine than 1bar is fine

EVOBAD

:lol: your strd clutch did well to hold 1bar mine only used to hold o.9 then the dreaded over revs:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Braveheart

It held 15PSI (1.03BAR) but slipped on 16PSI (1.10BAR)
I was adjusting the boost on the M90 on my way to Crail. :shock:

youngsyp

EVOBAD said:
:lol: your strd clutch did well to hold 1bar mine only used to hold o.9 then the dreaded over revs:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mine started to slip, on stock boost, as soon as I had my custom exhaust fitted. :doh: