100mm intercooler + 50mm rad

warringtonjack

Anybody running a deep intercooler (4") and an uprated rad? What fitting issues did you have?? i.e. did you have to buy uprated thin fans? were there fitting issues with the bumper (more than normal)?

Wondering whether there is any benefit from going from my normal 3" intercooler up to a 4", or just increase the diameter of pipework. :?

gunmetalgtir

warringtonjack said:
Wondering whether there is any benefit from going from my normal 3" intercooler up to a 4", or just increase the diameter of pipework. :?
Why do you want to? Is the 3" not sufficient?

youngsyp

warringtonjack said:
In both cases, you'll get more lag and nothing else at the power and boost level and turbo (stock ?!) you're running.
They'll also be a huge amount more weight ahead of the front wheels so, the handling will suffer too.

Paul

warringtonjack

gunmetalgtir said:
Why do you want to? Is the 3" not sufficient?
Thats what i'm wondering. What exactly is the limit of the Hybrid copies? The one I've got is the 2fast2cool intercooler, and is obviously fine for 300 horsies. When upgrading to a bigger tubby though (3076), the larger throughflow would be beneficial? If not, i'll just keep the setup as is, cos I wont need to hack anymore of the car apart!! :lol: :lol:

M

mascot

theres pleny of other jap cars runnin 500bhp + on cheap £300 enay intercoolers that are 3" so i would say it would be soficent for what you need

no need to replace something unless you realy need to no point spending money for the sake of it in my opinion